Wednesday 1 June 2011

Jolly June

We have finally arrived at my favourite month, June. The reason I love June so much, apart from the obvious... that it is my birthday. Is because it is the beautiful transition period from Spring to Summer, where the rain dries up and the sun starts coming out. June is also the month of Glastonbury, my favourite place in the whole world. When I die I have already decided that, that is the place I want my ashes to be scattered, on the top of flag hill, where you can see the whole of Glastonbury. Up on flag hill you can hear the sound of faint music rising up from the famous stages, but predominantly the sound of chatting, singing and the sound of the colourful and beautiful flags blowing in the wind. The whole of Glastonbury acts as a fairytale played out in real life and is both exciting, liberating and refreshing. The freedom  and sense of community that fills Worthy farm is astonishing and if you haven't been, I highly recommend going. I have yet to meet anyone who hasn't liked it (accept on those VERY muddy years). 
I loved 2009 and 2010, bring on 2011!






No comments:

Post a Comment