Saturday 10 September 2011

So I have spent the last week in Spain (Arc de Bara, near Tarragona, Reus, and Barcelona), and I can honestly say it was one of the best weeks of my life.
Me and Josh soaked our skin in the sunshine and swan in the sea and pool every single day. My skin feels like it is glowing with happiness, and apart from a bit of peeling, I am also glowing with happiness.
Although it is sad to say goodbye to summer and Josh and my family and friends, that holiday was a perfect end to a perfect summer, full of happiness, smiles, sunshine, friends, family, good news and so many memories were made.
While we were on holiday I also found out my beautiful big sister Tabitha has gotten engaged to her boyfriend, now fiancĂ©e, Chris. He is like a brother to be, they have been together for almost 7 years now I think it is, and I couldn't think of some one better and more suited to my sister than Chris. He has been in my life since I was only 12 years old and I couldn't be happier for them, I hope they spend the rest of their lives being happy and together. It has to be said, I am rather excited to hopefully be a Bridesmaid (fingers crossed). 

There is nothing better than being on holiday, laying in the sun or swimming in the pool or sea. Feeling sand sink through your toes and fingertips. Looking over and seeing your boyfriend, who you are so unbelievably happy with, and then finding out your sister is the happiest girl in the world too.

While me and Josh were sitting on the each one night at Surfer's Bar, a little wooden shack with gentle music playing and lots of alcohol surrounding us; I saw a young family playing in the sand in the moonlight. The family were just any other family to me, but at the same time I saw a little bit of my family in them. The two little girls were playing happily, one looked about 4 and the other looked about 10, the eldest had brown hair and quite pale skin, and a lovely little summer dress on; the other was small and very brown, she had blonde hair, and again a pretty little summer dress. The mother and father were chasing the little girls and they looked so happy, the girls I described are exactly how you would describe me and my sister when we were young, with six years separating us, we were still the best of friends. I miss days on the beach, or on holiday, or just days spent together with my big sister and my parents. It was lovely to see a happy little family, but in that moment I couldn't help feeling sad that I was all grown up, and so was my sister and my parents didn't look after us any more when we fell over, or tuck us in to bed, or dry our tears when we are sad.


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment