Monday 23 July 2012

Tramlines- an incredible weekend!

Sooo this weekend I have been to Tramlines; a free festival with stages dotted around Sheffield city center, which over 150,000 people attended this year! It was honestly one of the best weekends I have had in so long, and I could not be happier.

I went with my two friends Aimee and Jen, and we arrived on Thursday evening at our beautiful new student house, ten minutes outside the city center in the studenty part of Sheffield. Thursday night was not very fun as I was preparing for my meeting with Rosalind Eve, a manager at Age UK who I will be making a number of videos for, for my dissertation, which is actually very exciting, and after my meeting on the Friday morning, I can not wait to get started in October!

Then on Friday afternoon the fun began; we got the know our house, wandered around Ecclesall Road where we are now living, and then spent the night getting very drunk, meeting new people, dancing, singing etcetc (the usual antics included in a night out). But overall the night was just very very fun. We eventually went to sleep at 5am, only to be woken up again at 8:30am by the glorious sunshine outside, which in hindsight, is not the worst way to be woken up. Around 1ish on Saturday we headed out in the sun to explore Tramlines, which did not disappoint. On Saturday night we headed out for another night out in Sheffield, which was again a really really good night out. We were again awoken by the beautiful sunshine on Sunday morning, and headed out again to explore more of Tramlines. We headed to a park 5minutes away from our house were the 'Folk Forrest' stage was situated, which was amazing. It felt like I was back at Glastonbury again with people scattered everywhere, lovely music blasting out, lots of drink, lots of bunting, lots of happy people, and clear blue skies. Oh, and the parks beautiful river and enchanted looking Forrest helped to make it my favorite part of Tramlines 2012. We then went in to the center again and watched Dog is Dead (a really good band from Nottingham, I seriously recommend giving them a listen), and then We Are Scientists, which brought this amazing free festival to an end.

Here are some photos of the weekend, I have put far too many on, but I didn't know which ones to choose, so here you go...











Our street, taken from my bedroom window




Jazzzz


Our little back garden















No comments:

Post a Comment