Monday 31 October 2011

Bad luck

Over the last few weeks my flatmates and I have had to worst luck and a lot of horrible and sad things have happened all in one go. It is sad to hurt inside and not be able to do anything about it, and also very hard to watch some one go through pain and have no way of saving them from sadness and heartache. Saying the right thing to some one who is upset is impossible, instead most of the time you give them a hug or two or three, a tissue to dry their eyes, and try your best to be there for them when ever you can.

Luckily for me, my bad luck spell seemed to end when we found my beautiful cat Sadie, who had been trapped in a families garage for two weeks while they were on holiday. She is very thin and quite ill, but is back at home and on the road to recovery, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. My friend Aimee was amazing and bought me some beautiful roses which I have shockingly managed to keep alive, I think it is a sign.
 I think one thing I have taken from the past weeks is that, no matter what life throws at you, the people around you help you in ways they can't even imagine. Everyone thinks that by being there and saying things, they are just making it worse, but I feel like even them just being there is the best they could possibly do you for you. A simple text from friends or a call or even asking if you are okay, makes you feel a little less alone in your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment