Tuesday 14 February 2012

++++++

I have been very bad at blogging just lately, I seem to always be busy, but at the same time I never seem to achieve anything substantial from day to day. Today is Valentines day and I have a boyfriend, however, I didn't get to see him thanks to University and to distance it causes; that, and money issues. Me and Josh were supposed to have our own little early valentines day date when he came to visit me in Sheffield last week, but it seems that some one out there had different plans; we made it out for rebel bingo on the Tuesday which was so fun, and when we got back Josh made me the most amazing bacon and fried egg bagel. Then on Tuesday night (Wednesday morning really), Josh came down with a fever, and got hot sweats and felt so poorly and was up all night, so instead of Wagamamas and a film, we spent the day in bed with Josh being so poorly he couldn't even swallow water, he had come down with tonsillitis, which is so crap. Soooo the date has been postponed till I go to Bristol next, when hopefully we will finally get our little date!

Another story that leads on from this is my dreadful weekend. Because me and Josh didn't know he had early signs of tonsillitis on the Tuesday night, we kissed a lot and because I'd never had tonsillitis before I didn't catch that, but I did catch a horrible bacterial throat infection which made me throat bright red, raw, swell up, and was SO painful I also could barely swallow water, which makes things tricky. Went to the doctors and waited two hours to be seen, during this time I was sick three times in the doctors toilets. The doctor gave me medication for my throat, but I felt so ill my dad had to come all the way from Nottingham to Sheffield to pick me up and take me home again. I spent the next 24 hours being sick constantly thanks to a 24 hour bug I had caught on top of my throat infection; not a nice few days that's for sure...BUT now I'm on the mend and basically back to normal. FEW.

Valentines day wasn't all bad though, me and my friends found a bar in Sheffield we hadn't been to before, even though it is literally on our doorstep, 'The Common Room'. It is a sort of sports bar/american diner, we drank and sat in booths and chatted and played Foosball which was lovely. We also found out that on a Monday they do a Burger and Milkshake for £6, then there is also a quiz on that night; So I know where we will be spending our Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment