Tuesday 4 September 2012

Paralympics and birthdays

August turned out to be a very busy month, filled with lots of birthday, which is lovely and exciting, but also very costly. On August 22nd I headed to Wolverhampton with a few changes along the way, to see my lovely friend Aimee on her birthday. We went for cocktails, went out, went shopping in Birmingham, ate a lot, and watched some amazing films. Overall, I had a lovely few days, and it was so lovely to finally see her world away from Uni (it only took me two years to go and visit her, I am a baddie)
Then, I headed home on the Friday, ready for my other amazing friend Sammy's birthday. For her birthday we went to her house and had punch, ate cake, chatted, and got drunk, then headed to Rescue Rooms for a night out. It was so lovely for all my friends from home to be together, and I can't really say more than that, as I don't remember much of the night. (Sorry about alllll the pictures to come)
























After all this excitement, I started then getting excited about the Paralympics, as my family and I were very very lucky and got tickets to the rowing, archery, and athletics. We got to go to Eton Dorney, the Royal artillery barracks, and then last but not least, the Olympic village and stadium. The experience was incredible, and I can't describe how exciting and inspiring the whole weekend was. Here are some pictures...
Eton Dorney- Rowing




Team GB winning the second heat





Richard Whitehead the gold medalist on the side of a building. Fun fact- he was my P.E teacher in high school!  
Archery!






The view from our apartment.
The Olympic village (or Paralympic), and the Athletics!!







The incredible view from our seats



GOLD for Aled Davies







No comments:

Post a Comment